5.21.2009

"Food, Inc."

I saw this Wednesday at the Crest Theater, at a pre-screening event. Go see this!!! I know it's obnoxious to plug this on my blog, but as a foodie, and a human being, I think it is important to know what we are eating and how it affects us and the people who provide it to us. The movie synthesizes information from many other sources, but if even if you don't have any background in the field of food advocacy or sustainability, you will enjoy "Food, Inc."

The movie comes out in June or July depending on where you are, but if you want to do some reading before then, I'm going to suggest a couple books:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemna, by Michael Pollan,
  • The End of Overeating, by former Surgeon General David Kessler, and
  • The Art of Simple Food, by Alice Waters.


No comments:

Post a Comment