Oh. My. God.
It is silky, creamy, spicy and everything you want next to a pile of steamy cheese and cripsy, salty chips. Of course on my plate, it was more the topping of a taco salad--with more avocado than lettuce, again, typical.
Anyway, everybody begged her for the recipe and I am proud to present Catherine's Taco Veggie "Meat" with black beans and cumin. Even the carnivores wolfed it down.
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive Oil
- Cumin, to taste (I would guess at least one tbs, but start with a little if you aren't sure)
- 1 package "Smart Ground" Taco/Burrito Meatless Veggie Protein Crumbles
- 1 can whole black beans
- Taco sauce or Cholula, to taste (at least 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: 1 can of corn for color and sweetness
Chop onion and sautee with cumin in olive oil until slightly caramelized. Add garlic and sautee a few minutes before adding Smart Ground and beans (and corn). Allow to cook for 6-7, or longer if needed. Add sauce near the end of cooking. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Here is a link to the Light Life website, if you are curious about the Smart Ground. The chili is delicious!