2.18.2010

La Prima Colazione


Breakfast at Gabriella’s is so much fun.

She puts out a big spread, but I always always always have bastoncini di crusca, bran sticks, with either milk or orange juice.

The bran cereal here tastes AMAZING! I think it’s because there is a ridiculous amount of sugar in each serving. At least there’s (almost) no fat! And plenty of delicious savory fiber.

Oh, yeah, and there’s Nutella. Mmmm.

And the fruit she buys is so fresh and so good! I don't know how she does it, but she's the best fruit-picker ever, I guess. There are little red apples, and then there are supernaturally yellow ones that taste like candy. They're yellow delicious apples on CRACK. And just as addictive; I usually grab an apple or a clementine to eat if I get hungry during the day. (Which I always do.)

My metabolism is still acting crazy. One day I'll be starving all day, like two days, and then there are days like yesterday when I just won't eat anything and stay satisfied. Granted, yesterday was Ash Wednesday, so I just had bread and fruit for lunch. I had to have something in my stomach pre my wine tasting class. (More about that class later; I finally got some pictures!)


A crackle (crack + apple)

No comments:

Post a Comment